Don't hate me since I'm posting this before Thanksgiving, but I had been thinking about something we'd like to do every year for Christmas. Recently my boys were watching a video of a pinata being hit and they giggled so much. I thought a pinata at Christmastime would be a lovely idea. I started looking around online and in stores and decided that we would make our own. I didn't want to deal with paper mache so I decided to make a pull-string one.
I'm going to use a cardboard box, fill it with toys and candy, cut the bottom and tie a couple of ropes and attach it to the bottom of the box, wrap it in Christmas wrapping paper, and attach a hook at the top. Then when we go outside to hit the pinata we'll put a sheet or blanket under the tree where we will be hitting the pinata. That way we won't have to pick up everything by hand and just pick up the blanket. :)
Just thought I'd share in case anyone else would like to have a fun filled pinata Christmas too. I may post a picture when I have completed the task.




No comments:
Post a Comment